Business Hours


Congdon Auto Center Inc. originated as Fairbank Congdon Co., a partnership formed by Dexter Fairbank and Newton Congdon in 1928. The company started out selling new Pontiac and Oldsmobile vehicles, as well as providing repair services. With the passing of Dexter Fairbank in 1951, Fairbank Congdon Co. continued as a single proprietorship until it was incorporated as Congdon Pontiac Oldsmobile in 1975. Brothers Bruce and Dana Congdon came into the business as secretary/treasurer and president respectively. Business remained brisk through 1997, at which time the decision was made to discontinue selling and servicing new vehicles, and to start a new independent phase as Congdon Auto Center continuing with repair services, but now selling used cars.